Monday, March 9, 2009

Chocoholic




What is it about chocolate and desserts that make the day better? I sometimes find myself having cravings for Oreo cheesecake, Lindt truffles, Girl Scout cookies, and a plethora of other entities that will surely start in my grocery cart and end in my thighs.













In a world where diets are the new black, it can be difficult to savor these simple pleasures. Every TV show, magazine, and high end fashion store frown upon those of us who decide to indulge.

I passed a restaurant the other day that I had eaten at one year ago. At this particular restaurant, the bread happened to be quite delicious. As I helped myself to another piece of it, the waitress came up to me and asked (in an unprofessionally snark tone), "Are you sure you want to eat that? It goes right to your hips."

The strange thing is that she was larger than me. It was almost as though she was looking out for me, asking me to save myself. So I simply flashed her a smile and said, "Thanks. I can tell you know from experience, but I'm fine."

The last thing this world needs is a waitress at every restaurant collecting more eating disorders than tips.

After all, what is the point of life if not to enjoy it? I think the key to success lies in moderation and balance.

So here's a toast: to balance, bread, and enjoying life! (And of course, saying "screw you" to those who object.)

No comments:

Post a Comment