Wednesday, March 24, 2010

QUOTES!

In honor of my Philosophy of Feminist Literature course:

“Well-behaved women rarely make history”
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich


"A liberated woman is one who has sex before marriage and a job after."

Gloria Steinem

"I have yet to hear a man ask for advice on how to combine marriage and a career."
Gloria Steinem

"Some of us are becoming the men we wanted to marry."
Gloria Steinem


"EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW...
how to live alone... even if she doesn't like it"

Maya Angelou

4 comments:

  1. great quotes. that Gloria sure knows how to word it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Saumya, I just wanted to thanks you for the lovely comment on my artwork and blog. Because I've never had any art training, I feel like an imposter trying to ush my way into the art world. So, your comment really made my day:) I think your blog is awesome, fantastic quotes. I've signed up to follow your blog, and would love if you could follow mine too. Thanks
    trish

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are excellent quotes and so true. The Maya Angelou one is inspiring. Thanks for stopping by my blog :) I'm a follower of yours now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Saumster :) Love these quotes.... I hope that, as women, we always hold these quotes close to our heart. I agree with the last one especially... I really feel that getting out of my comfort zone in India has made me much stronger and more independent than ever before. and I think this quote holds true for men too... everyone could stand to gain by being forced to be self-sufficient and independent. Love the novel excerpts!! When will you be done with the book?

    ReplyDelete