Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Quotes of the Moment




"I thought I might become someone else in time, grafted on to something better and stronger. And then I saw that the running away was a running towards. An effort to catch up with my fleet-footed self, living another life in a different way."

Sexing The Cherry, Jeanette Winterson



To avoid criticism do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.

Elbert Hubbard


Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.

Max Planck


Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.

Mark Twain


What are your quotes of the moment?

7 comments:

  1. Hearts are not meant to be had as a gift, hearts are to be earned.~ ~ W.B.Yeats

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, I love Planck's and Twain's quote! Thanks for sharing these!!!

    "Be kind to everyone you meet. They are fighting battles you know nothing about." ~Plato

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1) I love that your are blogging more often.
    2) I love the Hubbard and Twain quotes.
    3) "Wonderful, indeed, it is to subdue the mind, so difficult to subdue, ever swift, and seizing whatever it desires. A tamed mind brings happiness." ~ The Dhammapada

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are awesome. My favorite quote right now is:

    Boldness be my friend - Shakespeare

    Cute blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the third quote! That's something I think about often.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always loved the Hubbard quote! So true :) I haven't heard the Planck one before - it's really great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are fantastic quotes! Hmm, I'm trying to think of some of mine, but I've just been listening to so much instrumental music lately while writing, it's hard to remember words! :-)

    ReplyDelete