Saturday, October 23, 2010

My love for Audrey


When the weather becomes colder, I have an instant feel-good routine that includes hot chocolate, peppermint cookies, and a stack of Audrey Hepburn movies. Favorites? Roman Holiday and Sabrina.

There is something so endearing about Audrey Hepburn...and I am not just referring to her chic style, conventional good looks, and famous movies.

She exudes a palpable purity and grace that I think is hard to find in actresses today. Yes, they have their own strengths but there is a layer of innocence and class in those movies....in those characters.... that just tickles you in a different way...

Audrey dealt with many hardships in her personal relationships and spent her post acting years working with UNICEF. Knowing that this elegant, revered woman led far from a "perfect" life and battled such a relateable set of insecurities only adds to her charm.


"you can even say that I hated myself at certain periods. I was too fat, or maybe too tall, or maybe just plain too ugly... you can say my definiteness stems from underlying feelings of insecurity and inferiority. I couldn't conquer these feelings by acting indecisive. I found the only way to get the better of them was by adopting a forceful, concentrated drive"
Audrey Hepburn