Monday, November 29, 2010

Monday Blues


It's one of those days, where all I want to do is crawl under a heated blanket with a steaming cup of tea. Forget school, forget efficiency. Sometimes, there is nothing better than watching the rain crash on the sidewalk, with every drop exploding like its own shooting star.

This time of year always elicits these desires. I crave sunshine and want to wriggle my bare toes through freshly mowed grass. Summer dresses, iced coffee, sunglasses, flip flops, chlorine scented hair....all of those seem far away...too far.

But maybe there is a charm in every season. Winter may give us less daylight but there's something surreptitious about the dark. My worries from the day evaporate and I swear, I can tap into my innermost facets.

Not to mention, pumpkin, cinnamon, colorful scarves, hot cocoa, and sexy boots add plenty of light on their own.

"In the midst of winter, I found that there was in me, an invincible summer"
-Albert Camus

6 comments:

  1. Oh I love the cold--it just doesn't stick around here in Houston very long. We get a cold snap in waves, and everyone gets sick! lol.

    I just had a pumpkin bagel this morning! Definitely love the flavors this season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man... tell me about it! Boston is getting colder and colder.

    But the four seasons are blessing for the wardrobe (and a curse for the wallet). By the time spring comes around, I have forgotten how to wear skirts!

    But think of this - cold night, warm blanket, hot tea/coffee, a thriller book in your hand... *sigh* the thought itself gives me goosebumps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome sentence about the raindrops. Wish I could share some of my Fl sunshine with you now:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. An excellent, toe-curling, hot-chocolate kind of post, Saumya! It's getting so cold now, all you want to do is curl up in a warm bed with an excellent book and a hot drink!

    ReplyDelete