Thursday, December 23, 2010

Because We All Need a Break




It makes me so elated to read everyone's holiday posts!

The cozy pictures, cheery wishes, and Christmas inspired posts have added a heart warming feel to the blog-o-sphere.

(P.S. Maybe I'm crazy but I talk about my blogging buddies a lot. I mean, a lot a lot. I share your inspiring stories and sweet comments with everyone. So, thank you for adding something special to my every day :) )

Well, today I realized that I get upset at myself for tiring out before I am mentally ready to throw in the towel. I push and push and push or I don't push and become submerged in that other nasty emotion---guilt. Oh, the guilt of leaving things undone. And the way that guilt is coupled with worry!

It can get quite taxing, right?

But I hope that during this holiday season, every one takes their well deserved break. To recharge. Reflect. Reward.

Eat (too) many cookies with sprinkles, buy that special holiday gift, allow your writing to take a break, and sleep in. A lot.

My father's closest medical school/residency friends settled around the United States. Every year, we take a vacation with all of the families. The tradition has been happening for almost 10 years and I call all of the other kids my cousins.

Tomorrow, we're leaving for the Bahamas!

It'll be the perfect sliver of summer in December.

Hope that you all have a great weekend :)

Merry Christmas!

7 comments:

  1. So jealous. You can definitely take a break in the Bahamas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas in the Bahamas...sounds blissful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, color me jealous. Merry Christmas! Have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SAUMY!!!!! Thanks for the email. Love you :). Thanks for inspiring me. So lucky to have you in my life. Also, enjoyyyy your time relaxing and getting refreshed for the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, that's wonderful! Hope you'll have an amazing time. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, everyone! Had an amazing time and now trying to bundle up in the cold.

    ReplyDelete