Sunday, December 19, 2010

From Us Writers


To non-writers:

*Thanks for knowing that it is not as easy as 1.) Write a book in a few months 2.) Have it published and 3.) Reap all the benefits from its incredible sales and retire

*Sometimes things have to be rewritten. Over. And over. And over. Hence, our "slow" progress on completing a manuscript

*There are rounds of rejection which are ALL difficult and taxing...we would not be able to get through them without your empathy and pick-me-ups

*We appreciate everything you do for us: discussing story development, running our errands, never allowing us to give up, giving occasional massages....all of it :)

8 comments:

  1. Massages? You're getting massages? I need your peeps to talk to mine. I could totally go for a massage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said!
    Although it's my wife who gets the massages. And rightfully so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect! But ... I want some massages :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've bitten mt tongue so many times to keep from saying, If it's so easy, why don't you do it yourself?!" :o) Helps to know I'm not alone here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is such a great post. It's so true. We need our non-writing support to understand how totally insane we are doing what we do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Timely. An acquaintance asked to meet me tonight because he has a book idea so he wants to know how to write a book.

    I'm not holding anything back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woo hoo, I'm excited for this acquaintance because he is going to get some incredible advice from you!

    ReplyDelete