Sunday, February 13, 2011

Long Distance

The end of an especially relaxing weekend can either be dreadful or relieving. Tonight falls on the depressing side since I had to leave Samir.....sigh to long distance relationships....they enable us to pack so much joy into such tiny amounts of time, but they also instill a painful I-don't-know-if-I-can-wait-until-I-see-you-next feeling.

(P.S. Shout out to anyone who is, or ever has been, in a long distance relationship!)

Picture Samir took at dinner....I decided to be a walking Valentine stereotype and wear red, haha.


Gluten free pizza...paired with an espresso martini





But then again, in a way, there is a charm to seeing the person you love only once in a while. It's as though you have the ability to bottle up and preserve an anxious excitement....one that is similar to the novelty from beginning of relationships.

You never take your time together for granted.

Being with them turns into a special vacation, where you can treat yourself and each other.
And isn't there something wholesome and simply fun about saving your best outfits for those jam packed days?

Of course there are many downsides but in them, we have unearthed an abundance of gratitude.

:)

About to give him a puppy face





18 comments:

  1. Well, I wait for the inspiration to come to me... it's more like an intrinsic type///

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you are in a long-distance relationship--I've been there in the past and it isn't always easy but you know someday it will end and you can be together:)
    I tend to take breaks if I need them but always inside me I have this little clock that reminds me to get back at it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you looked gorgeous at dinner!

    Hang in there....my sister had a long distance relationship for two years, and they ended up getting married!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad other people have successfully handled long distance relationships :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look really good in red. I also hate the whole stigma around a long-distance relationship. If they fail, it's basically either one or both people saying, "I can't make this work because I need sex every night and if you're not here I can't get that so you're dead to me." I always say, "wow...I guess we know what's important to you."

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been there with the long distance relationship. It was nice initially, because it assured we would each have time to focus on our own projects. As the relationship progressed it got tougher to be apart and we ended up moving closer together. Now we're married! Yay!

    Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, Sarah! So happy that worked out well :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh, FB is such a time-suck. I swear, I think that's what takes my inspiration away sometimes!

    Happy Valentine's Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look so lovely!!! I'm glad you had a beautiful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My husband and I met online. We were over eight hundred miles apart and we made it. It was so hard, sometimes we thought about calling it quits but we couldn't and didn't. And here we are. This year will be our fourth wedding anniversary and our sixth year as a couple.

    Keep your head up, it gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I applaud you for the long-distance relationship! There's no way I could handle it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jennifer, that is so sweet and inspiring for all of us long distance couples :)

    Amy, thanks!! I'm sure you could!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww, I'm so sorry that it's a long distance relationship, but you're very right... the time you do have together means so much more.

    Beautiful pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look lovely in red, and you and Samir make a great couple.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is said that "Absence makes the heart grow fonder" As you say, when we have little time with each other we use it judiciously savouring every moment.

    PS you look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These pictures are so sweet. You look gorgeous!

    I'm sorry you're far apart, but I'm glad you can see some of the bright side!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awww you look so pretty in that dress!

    I hate long distance relationships. I've never properly been in one, but I have spent six weeks at a time away from Steve, and it sucks. On the other hand, it can make you appreciate the time you have better!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks, Sangu!! Six weeks is a lot, by the way! Haha, I become a baby after a month.

    ReplyDelete