Wednesday, February 9, 2011

This Week I Learned...

Some Pearls of Knowledge From This Week:


1. Even if you love what you are doing, it's okay to hate it every now and then and wonder where it is all leading

2. A warm cup of Starbucks makes the evening a little better
(white chocolate mocha or chai tea latte, anyone?)

3. There is nothing comparable to an insightful conversation with a brazen, free spirited friend

4. It's okay to get depressed and negative and hopeless, whether it's regarding looks, career, friendships, relationships, etc. ...in fact, climbing out of those emotions can sometimes teach us more about ourselves than steadfast contentment


5. Turning off technology a half hour before bed time does wonders for your peace of mind

6. People react to insecurity in various ways: some become shy, some hurtful; others, retract into their own shells




7. You know you're in love when just the thought of your long distance significant other eating a nice meal is enough to make your day

8. A fresh, sincere pair of eyes can do wonders when it comes to editing your work.

9.
Kindles are wonderful but there is nothing like the weight of a new book in your hands

10.
Most people in this world are kind. If they are not, we can usually find a lot of fear and hurt buried beneath their surfaces.

11. When someone leaves our lives and we miss them, it can be therapeutic to release our thoughts to them in a Word document. As time goes by, we can read those old words and witness our own evolutions. (Inspired by a convo with my strong girl, Gopika!)

12. Dating "the nice guy" provides every day proof that he does not finish last at all!



What have you learned this week?

12 comments:

  1. These are definitely great "pearls"!

    #5 - I agree, I always put the laptop away and read before bed.
    #9 - I'm with you on this one.
    #10 - So true...

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5. Like Liz, I really want to put the laptop away and only read in bed. That's a good one!

    9. I could never do a kindle. I just love books too much.

    2. I had a nice cup of jo with a friend last night and it was so nice...except that I came home and was up till 2! Not so nice with two toddlers waking me up in the mornig!

    Tomorrow, The Little Things is up on my blog. Have you thought about linking?

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've learned that I can think through a lot of my problems on my own but that it would be nice to have a girlfriend with whom to talk them through. And I've learned that, as close as I am to my mother, there are times I need to remember that she isn't just my friend, she's also my mum and she worries about me.

    Re: 5, I need to turn off my technology more full stop, I think I'm about to burn through another laptop's fan! Not cool. There are so many blogs to read and TV shows to stream!
    - Sophia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I learned that I can be SO lazy. Oh wait, I already knew that. Loved your list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never realized it, but number 5 is totally true. I go to bed usually after playing with our dog for 15-30 mins and my fiance is normally on her phone or mine before bed. I always get a great night sleep too. I just learned the reasoning behind it, thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It takes some time, but eventually the nice guys come out on top.

    Good list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need a white chocolate mocha right now! :)

    These are all VERY true... I need to learn how to follow # 5 though... I'm usually on this computer right up until my eyes close.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Most people in this world are kind. If they are not, we can usually find a lot of fear and hurt buried beneath their surfaces.


    Love this one because there are times in life when it is hard to believe!! You made an awesome list which tells me you are having a great time at balancing life!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have learn't patience (my students continued to surprise me with their wonderful assignments). So patience and perseverance does pay in the long run.

    Loved the post, Saumya.

    ReplyDelete
  10. all the things you mentioned are soo everyday but soo true:) nice thoughts..
    and #7 is definately true for me:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. white chocolate mocha oh my that sounds good! but your list kept getting better and better!

    Having a conversation with a brazen, free spirited friend can totally make my day! My week! My month!

    It's okay to get depressed and negative and hopeless... thank you for reminding there is a good purpose even for these glum days that always hit me in February (Seasonal affective disorder)
    A fresh, sincere pair of eyes can do wonders when it comes to editing your work - ah yes! Fresh is the operative word here!

    Kindles are wonderful but there is nothing like the weight of a new book in your hands. YEs! I love them both! never fear dear books just because a kindle has arrived.

    Most people in this world are kind. If they are not, we can usually find a lot of fear and hurt buried beneath their surfaces: good reminder. Oh, if only more people could remember this instead of taking offense!

    Writing is always therapeutic. Thank you for these wonderful sentiments and truths!

    ReplyDelete
  12. MARRYING "the nice guy" provides every day proof that he does not finish last at all! :D

    Hallelujah!

    ReplyDelete