Sunday, April 17, 2011

stepping outside your life


(Our Friday night view)


After finishing the first draft of the WIP and taking an extremely grueling exam, I was ready for my weekend with Samir.

(Side note: It has been so difficult not to open my Word document. How do you control your temptation?!)



It was my medical school's formal (with a decade/costume theme), so we decided to go as Audrey Hepburn and Paul Varjak from Breakfast at Tiffany's. Holly GoLightly is one of my favorite characters ever! I love the way she coasts through her whimsical life, as though she doesn't have a care in the world when in fact, all of her actions are driven by doubt and a troubled past.


We had an incredible two days of everything and nothing that ended too soon.
As it turns out, it's pretty fun to step outside of your life every once in a while and pretend you are in someone else's. ;)

13 comments:

  1. Saumya, you're so beautiful! You're a gorgeous couple. I love the costume theme for your formal. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look just like her here! Sounds fun to step away from normal life for a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her and you too!

    You two look adorable! Good for you that you managed to snag this time away :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are adorable and now you've got me wanting to dress up, though not in any of the Queen of Hearts costumes I'm debating for a friend's Alice in Wonderland themed birthday. Hum.
    - Sophia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look AMAZING!!! Gorgeous! And yes Holly GoLightly is a fantastic character- great choice!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me a comment :) Just wanted to let you know about the competition on the blog incase you missed it- I'm giving away Amazon $$$ to celebrate my One Year blogging anniversary and as a very loyal follower I thought you should make sure you are in the comp! it is the second last post. much love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love how you guys got dressed up! Did you stop by Tiffany's???

    My solution was to print off my last page and carry it with me so I could read it whenever I wanted :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, so I actually printed off the last 3 pages so I could also re-read the part where he declares his love. EEEKKK. Now I want to go read it again! What's your favorite part about your ending? Being a writer sometimes makes me feel unfaithful to my real-life beloved!!! Strangest thing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You two look lovely. Hope you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome post. And, sometimes it helps to start a new project to get your focus off the old one until it is time...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Margo, your last part sounds so great!! And I totally relate about feeling unfaithful. In fact, unfaithfulness is a big theme in my ending.

    Thanks everyone! I started the next chapter of a new WIP (it's pretty crappy but at least it's a distraction).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome photos Saumya! You two look great together! And great choice of get-up too!

    ReplyDelete