Tuesday, May 3, 2011

An Ode to Drinks


Picture from Anthropologie.com

Do you have that special something that jump starts your work?

This week, I am especially thankful to drinks. Of all types. It always helps me to keep one on my desk, to watch it faithfully wait to be consumed.
(Last year, I even wrote a poem about how grateful I was to coffee. Sad times.)


So, in no particular order, here are my top 5 writing drinks:



1. Dunkin Donuts coffee: perfect amount of cream and sugar. Sorry, I'm just not at the black coffee stage of life yet.

2. Iced chai: The chai concentrate is sold in grocery stores. Mixed with an equal portion of milk, it tastes just like what you buy at Starbucks

3. Green tea, with a teaspoon of honey.

4. Water (ice cold)

5. Coca Cola: I know it's so unhealthy so I try to limit this to once every few weeks but I LOVE Coca Cola. Maybe it's an Atlanta thing.

What helps you get to work?


6 comments:

  1. Water!!! It's about all I ever drink though I need to drink more. I tried some water flavorings like Crystal light and that helped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hot chocolate stirs my creativity for sure. :)
    You'll have to share that ode with us![p//

    ReplyDelete
  3. Water! I drink it all day every day.

    In the winter I like a mug of hot cocoa in the morning, and in the summer I like a glass of lemonade when I'm reading a book outside. I love how it tastes, but it's almost too sugary to drink too often!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a water person as well. And I like energy drinks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like tea, but when I'm tired I will give in to the occassional coco cola too :)
    I'm a bit in love with that writing nook picture you found.
    Wagging Tales - Blog for Writers

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love chai. I just learned the other day that I'd been ordering it wrong by saying "I'd like a chai tea please". Chai means tea. So all these years I've been saying, "I'd like a tea tea please." Oy how dumb of me.

    ReplyDelete