Saturday, May 14, 2011

telling stories in different ways

Today, I learned how stories can be shared in so many different ways. I had the pleasure of having coffee with the video journalist who will be coming to Africa this summer.
We shared the ups and downs of creating, of trying to make something.
What a stimulating way to start the morning!

He has a talent for capturing facial expressions in his photography. Haunting, striking faces that reveal all. As he shared his artwork, I saw how a story can be squeezed into tiny and large spaces.

The morning reminded me of why I used to spend long, lazy afternoons watching The Food Network: there's something intriguing about seeing someone do something you wish that you always could. It reminds you to appreciate the individual gift that each person can bring and to try and find your own.