Friday, May 6, 2011

years ago...

11 years ago... I learned about Penn Masala, the all male a cappella group from the University of Pennsylvania. A teeny bopper crush ensued and I listened to their songs on repeat.

8 years ago...Went to their Atlanta concert with my then boyfriend. He was not pleased with my boisterous screaming.

5 years ago...Wrote a note to my college friend with this at the end: "I think the perfect guy would be a Penn Masala guy: smart, funny, and a singer."

3 years and 1 month ago...Penn Masala performed at my college for our spring show. My best friend saved me a seat in the very first row. I noticed Penn Masala's president and took a picture of him.

I was also dancing in that same show, so I went to their dressing room backstage and took a picture with the group. Mr. President asked me to go to the after party. I rejected him nonchalantly then proceeded to freak out with my friends.

3 years ago...On a trip to Philadephia, Penn Masala President took me out to dinner. We talked all night.

He seemed too much like the "dream guy" I concocted as a little girl, so I was skeptical. I thought relationships were supposed to be difficult, hard work all the time, and things were far too easy and carefree with him. He persisted and eventually washed away my cynicism with his selflessness. Life has transformed into a sort of Bollywood movie and every day, I think that there's someone out there looking out for us.



And I haven't looked back since.

I love you, Samir

"When I first met him, I knew in a moment I would have to spend the next few days re-arranging my mind so there'd be room for him to stay."
Brian Andreas

11 comments:

  1. Awww, that's sweet! May is the month for love, it seems! My anniversary is this month as well. :) (And I also married a singer--good choice.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful! Bet he still made the better catch, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so so sweet, Saumya! It was meant to be. :) Happy Anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes to this post, Saumya. Happy anniversary, you two!
    - Sophia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, talk about a love story!!! Congratulations. Maybe I should have written Donny Osmond a letter all those years ago...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so romantic!! I love how you met!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So romantic! He's very handsome.
    Looks like you both nabbed a "catch."
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet story! Congratulations to both of you. It sounds kind of like a romance novel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jennifer-He makes me feel like I'm in a romance novel :) LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's so romantic! Happy Anniversary to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww thank you, Emy :) I am a very lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete