Thursday, July 7, 2011

Getting In Our Own Way


Photo from: Google images

"I just can't deal with him," my sister said the other day, referring to a potential love interest. "Why? What's wrong with him?"
"He just gets in his own way."
"What do you mean by that?"
"I mean, his problems... so many of them are because he just creates them and doesn't realize how much is in
his control."
"Hmm, I wonder if we all do that to an extent..."


I wonder if my doubts, fears, and negative thoughts hinder me before anything else even has the chance to. I wonder if awareness of this is the first step to battling it...




11 comments:

  1. Very wise sisters you are! :D

    I do agree veyr much - some people over think things and over argue with themselves to a point where they create problems about everything and anything.

    Doubts, fears are healthy to a certain extent but negativity and judgement are the problem creators :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all do that, a lot of our own problems are exaggerations in our own head.
    You can compare this to physical issues as well. If we see something we don't like - a tiny spot for example - we stare it so much in the mirror that it gets bigger and bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this has a serious ring of truth to it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree with your sister completeley! I definetely think my doubts are what hinder me to doing things. When I do let go off these doubts, I surly create less problems and more action :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are absolutely right. I have noticed that my doubts hamper my progress and create all kinds of obstacles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rightly said, we are create our own road blocks, and wonder why things are not falling in place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I KNOW this is true for me... but I can't say awareness is half the battle, not in my case. Its just too easy to ignore or justify my behavior because at the moment it feels good even though in the long run it doesn't help one bit. Sigh. I hate to leave such a morose commment though! Each day we get fresh chances to make right choices, that's the good part!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so true! We generally do not realise what wrong we might be doing to ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah that's so true. So many things are problems because we make them so - or cause them. A lot of the time we could fix things just by getting out of our own way!

    ReplyDelete