Sunday, September 18, 2011

it's okay to feel like crap

Do you ever have moments---or days--when things just seem to drag? The to-lists are endless. There's always something that's not happening, whether it's groceries or an assignment. My desires become contradictory during times like these: one part of me can't stop panicking while the other wants to run away and take a long nap. Today, for the first time, I indulged in the latter. And guess what? The nap was a great boost and I realized, it's just as important to write "do nothing" on that to-do list. It may be ironic but allowing myself do nothing helps me do many things after wards.

Do you ever get a chance to schedule time away from everything just to be with yourself?



9 comments:

  1. I'm a big believer in taking a nap when the writing is just not going well. Or going out for a walk. Just doing something stimulating and/or relaxing instead of staring at a blank computer screen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't usually schedule time away just to be with myself but I do try to. It can be very invigorating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Naps! Baths with scented candles and bubbles! These are my 'away' time treats. So rarely actually find the time for them, though. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nap-therapy rocks. So do rejuvenation date-w/myself days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I definitely hear you! I usually try to go with the flow as it's so hard to do anything else, but you're very right... it really is just as important to have those days where you do nothing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agree complteley, leads to redemption sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Take a nap, listen to music, take a walk, go out with friends. Its always good to recharge one's batteries.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing like a good nap! 15 minute power naps are amazing. Whwn I write, the stress drains out of me. Besides a nap, nothing relaxes me more than writing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hear you! I get those moments, too. It's important to schedule those times for yourself, to collect your thoughts and just relax. Naps are a refreshing way to do this! And movie days are good too, sitting around and watching favorite movies. :)

    ReplyDelete