Wednesday, May 30, 2012

GIRLS


Have you watched the show GIRLS on HBO? My reaction is mixed but there was one encounter I relished with the main character, Hannah, and a guy she's interested in.

Guy: "You don't have a job?"
Hannah: "I'm a writer."
Guy: "So, that's how you make a living?"
Hannah: (Silence)

Sometimes it's difficult to explain what you're doing if it doesn't fall into a traditional category with traditional outputs, you know? 

"They say living well is the best revenge but sometimes writing well is even better."

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE James Franco! He seems like he'd be fun to hang out with, plus he's a reader and a writer which makes him even hotter. That's such a great quote, too; I'm definitely tweeting! I don't get HBO so I haven't seen this show, but I've heard about it. Thanks for sharing James' article!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, I love that exchange. :) I like the show in small doses, I think. Some of it's clever, some of it's overdone, but it's pretty enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, that pretty much sums it all up for us writers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the perfect quote - sometimes writing well is even better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pen is mightier than the gossiping tongue!

    Great quote!

    ReplyDelete