Wednesday, May 16, 2012

If I Knew Then What I Know Now Part 4

In honor of being able to return to regular, frequent posting, I'm going to start with another part in my "If I Knew Then What I Know Now" series. 

1. People are doing the best they can. Most truly are good at heart.

2. Don't believe what people always say about others. Decide for yourself.

3. None of your writing is a waste. It's all practice. Yes, even those horrific Word documents that should stay confined to forgotten computer folders.

4. You'll fall in love with the kindest man you'll ever know, the one who makes you want to keep improving in every way. Before you meet, you'll both be on Homecoming Court on the exact, same night, many states apart, unaware of one another's existence.

5. It will benefit you to think of rejections as blessings,  pointing out where you can improve.

6. When you decide to seriously try to write, many people, even your well wishers, will automatically assume you're not really working. Learn how to tune them out. Learn when to tune everyone out.

5 comments:

  1. That was a truly inspiring post, Saumya:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Especially the second one. It took me a long time to learn that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wise tips! I truly believe that first one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo, you're so insightful and wise, Saumya. #1 is especially true! There are more good people in the world than any other kind. It just doesn't seem that way sometimes because the media only focuses on the bad. We should start a good news program!! :)

    ReplyDelete