Sunday, August 5, 2012

My best friend's wedding

This past weekend, my oldest friend married a man who appreciates and uplifts her. She and I met through our parents who went to residency together. We shared dresses as little girls, make-up tips as teenagers, and our dreams as young women. From milk bottles to martini glasses, she's shaped me. 
She taught me that confidence is a trait that deserves cultivation and that often, nothing is as curing as a conversation. 
I never thought anyone would be good enough for her and I'm elated to be wrong.
(Indian weddings = a flood of color, food, outfits, and rowdy laughter.)



 (We had to hide her somewhere before she walked down the aisle and this back office was the only place open!)








5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the nice wedding pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of you look lovely in those white saris. Thanks for sharing the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone is dressed so nice! You all look like royalty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, how beautiful! What a special wedding to go to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indian weddings always look beautiful and so much fun. I'm glad you a great time. Congrats to your friend and wishing her much happiness!!

    ReplyDelete