1. Keep reading and writing; make sure you're always stepping outside of the genres you enjoy. When you start becoming inspired by everything in the world, life won't be the same again.
2. Take out time to reflect on your life and ask important questions. Are things facilitating your growth? Are you fulfilling others while at the same time taking care of yourself? Do you feel stimulated and capable?
3. Invest in Chanel lipstick. You'll never regret it.
4. Don't worry about anyone who tries to compete with you. Try to be better than you were one year ago and wish everyone the same for themselves.
5. Listen to the stories of your mother and grandmother. The women in your life can teach you a lot when you take the time to absorb their stories.
6. You'll have to work harder than you planned for on any creative pursuit and that's the way it should be. Don't abandon things because they're taking time.
7. After you leave the man who wasn't kind to you, you'll understand that he had demons you could never tame.
8. Tell the people you love what makes them wonderful. Everyone needs reminders.
9. If you're pressed for writing time, think about your characters during your commute. Where would they be going? What would they be thinking? This way, you'll be writing even when you can't.
10. In a conversation, always ask more about the other person and speak less about yourself.