Tuesday, March 17, 2015

learning by yourself



"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room."

THEODORE GEISEL


"Good writing is always about things that are important to you, things that are scary to you, things that eat you up." 
JOHN EDGAR WIDEMAN

What you are will show, ultimately. Start now, every day, becoming, in your actions, your regular actions, what you would like to become in the bigger scheme of things.” 
Brain Pickings

5 comments:

  1. That second one's going to make me think all day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ultimately we are our own teachers. Very true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great set of quotes.
    What I would like to become I will never be. So I can either cut my losses, or reach, pointlessly. Good thing I've got nothing better to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that first quote! It's so important when it comes to writing... you have to do the grunt work yourself! Nobody else will!

    ReplyDelete