Wednesday, May 13, 2015

changes

Last week, my amazing classmates and I celebrated the end of medical school. We discussed how it didn't seem as though it was actually over. Most of us expected to head back to the hospital after the ceremonies. But now, after years of counting down to this date, we didn't feel ready. It's funny how anticipation can change its face. 


Hooded by my dad/favorite doctor in the world :) 



Honored to speak at graduation and reflect on things we've been through as a class 



Now, the days are drifting by in a blur of errands, checklists, and phone calls. Our entire house looks like an Indian wedding vomited all over it, with invitations, programs, and bright fabrics strewn across each floor. 
Last week, I cleaned out my childhood bedroom and sifted through journals with yellowed pages. My time capsules. 
As each change arrives, I'm trying to stay present, instead of drowning in stress the way I usually do. 
Time for the next chapter!


4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! And what an honor you were asked to speak. Don't stress. Whatever happens next, it will be all right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Alex. I need that comforting reminder. :)

      Delete
  2. Such cool pictures! Congratulations! Whatever is next, you're ready.
    Remember to treat all your patients with patience!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jennifer, thank you! And yes, that is great advice that I'll always keep in mind.

      Delete